Paul
Hi All,

I'm connecting a Brass E27 | ES | Edison Screw Batten Lampholder [7607ET PLU5586] to a glavinised metal conduit through boxs, (4 of them in a row)  which will be connected to more conduit back to the consumer unit.

The Lamp holders will be earthed and the cable run back the the junction box were in turn it will connected to the earth from the consumer unit?

Do i need to earth the conduict though boxes as they will be touching the metal base plates of the lamp holders?

through-box.jpg lampholder.jpg 
Quote 0 0
Richard
Hi,
What i would do if it was me doing the install is wire a 3core to each galv box then do a join in the galv box so you will have line in line out then a small wire to the lampholder as the lampholders are only designed to have a single cable in each terminal.
Then at the first galv box take a small fly lead to the earthing point on the galv box, this will ensure that all the galv boxes+pipework is earthed then earth lampholder has its own earth.

in theory you wont need to earth each lampholder but better to be safe than sorry in my opinion.

Hope that makes sense?

Thanks

Richard
Follow and join us on facebook
or visit
lampspares logo   lia logo

Proud to be members of the Lighting Industry Association.

Please note that any advice is given with the best intentions but cannot be confirmed that this may be all that is required for your project. All electrical work must be carried out by a competent person and all work should be fully tested before use.

Quote 0 0
Paul
Hi Richard

Thanks for the prompt replay.  All makes perfect sense thank you.

I will earth each gav box I connect a lampholder  too.

Just got to source / make the small fly leads..

Regards

Paul 

Quote 0 0
Richard
Grab some 0.75mm flex from a local DIY store that would be be easiest option, grab a meter or so and cut it up.
or visit

Please note that any advice is given with the best intentions but cannot be confirmed that this may be all that is required for your project. All electrical work must be carried out by a competent person and all work should be fully tested before use.

Quote 1 0
Paul
Hi Richard,

My next question is for the next light along, i have bought a Kilner Jar Kit22 and cord to run from the Jar back up to the galvinised through box.

What clamp do i need to grip the cord and how do i secure the Clamp to the conduit box below?

Thnaks
 through-box.jpg
Quote 0 0
Richard
Hi,
You would need something like these 2 items:
Cover: https://www.lampspares.co.uk/galvanised-20mm-dome-cover-plu50036/
Grip: https://www.lampspares.co.uk/galvanised-conduit-cable-clamp-plu9153/
Screws: https://www.lampspares.co.uk/galvanised-conduit-lid-screws-pack-of-2-plu71597/

Hope this helps.
or visit

Quote 0 0
Paul
Hi Richard,

They worked a treat thank you.  My proof of concept is coming along nearly ready to place my Order.

My next question is around which Bulbs to use in the Kilner jar Kitt22.  

My light strip will have two Kilner Jars hanging with a Edison Screw Batten Lampholder in the middle.    

We would like to use the tubular or Candle in the Kilner jar and either of teh Bell ones in teh batten Lamp-holder,  

Will that work?

Thanks

Bulb1.jpg 
Bulb2.jpg 

Quote 0 0