David Parton
Hi just wondered what was the best way of hanging bottles as shades. Is the best way with bootom cut off and just have it sat on top of the lamp holder with cable grip. I have quite a hefty bottle to use so didn't think this would be for the best although I did seesomeone else selling Kevlar braided cable that holds more weight
Quote 0 0
martin
Hi David
Hanging bottles with their bottoms cut off is popular now and we have a solution that has worked well in the past. We are making it as an accessory kit now and will be available shortly. However what you will use is a flex passed through the top and out the cut bottom. Add a cord grip and a large enough washer to hold the cord grip at the bottom of the neck. Then add the lampholder at any distance under the cord grip.
I will give you some parts that would work up to 21mm neck below.

YOUR BASKET
 1 x Brass 10mm Inside Washer and 21mm Outside [9012 PLU99468] £0.19
1 x Flex Cord Grip 10mm Male Thread Black [167 PLU2834] £0.46
1 x Plastic 10mm Hex Nut Black [5.116B PLU30269] £0.15

So this is the cord grip, nut and washer that will sit on the flex under the neck.
You just need the flex and lampholder now. Don't forget you will need a cord grip also on the lampholder.
Hope it makes sense.
Martin
Follow and join us on facebook
or visit
[lampspares%20logo%20copied%20from%20site_zpsvhdwbxia]
Quote 0 0
David Parton
Thanks that's great, do you have any solutions for hanging a bottle using a chain in case I opt for that method
Quote 0 0
martin
Hi David
You could use a suspension wire like this
http://www.lampspares.co.uk/hang-fast-suspension-wire-1m/
or a chain. Either way the chain or wire needs to pass through the bottle neck and with washer and a hook, hold under the neck in side the bottle. There is always the issue with holding the bottle upright as they tend to tilt over.
Martin
Follow and join us on facebook
or visit
[lampspares%20logo%20copied%20from%20site_zpsvhdwbxia]
Quote 0 0