stuffbythebloke
Just thought I'd share some of the lamps I've made using bits brought from your site. I'm new to all this but having great fun! Have done a couple of craft fairs and got a lot of interest, and hopefully will have some in a shop in Buckingham soon [smile] latest one was my first effort using LED's.. Taps and gauges are purely for show for now [wink] Feel free to follow me on FaceBook.
Quote 1 0
Richard
Hey thanks for the post, i love the pipework lights especially the light with the 2 LED tubes. Smashing work looks like you have had some fun with them. Allways nice to see customers finished projects using our parts. Please keep posting your lights as we love seing them. Going to take a peek at your facebook page.
Follow and join us on facebook
or visit
lampspares logo   lia logo

Proud to be members of the Lighting Industry Association.

Please note that any advice is given with the best intentions but cannot be confirmed that this may be all that is required for your project. All electrical work must be carried out by a competent person and all work should be fully tested before use.

Quote 0 0
cacherjoe
Hey,

I love these, great work.  I'm working on one now and my stumbling block is I need an LED tha will fit inside an uncut beer bottle.  As a stop gap I have a string of LED lights.  That solution isn't as nice looking and are not very brite.  Any thoughts that might help me out?

The pipe is 1" galvanized pipes and fittings that end in a garden hose type tap.

Thank you in advance.

Joe
Quote 0 0
Richard
Hi Cacherjoe and welcome to the forum, would you be able to upload a picture so we can take a look? we can then hopefully try and get you going down the right track.

Thnanks
or visit

Please note that any advice is given with the best intentions but cannot be confirmed that this may be all that is required for your project. All electrical work must be carried out by a competent person and all work should be fully tested before use.

Quote 0 0
cacherjoe
Sure can.  Here are some pictures.

The first one is the garden hose tap that the wiring needs to feed through.  This is the most narrow point.
IMG_1068[1].JPG 
Quote 0 0
cacherjoe
This is what the whole thing will look like.  The wire will run from one of the feet through the pipe to the outlet at the top.  The bottle will be fitted on the nipple with foam tape to allow for it to be removed if needed. IMG_1066[1].JPG 
Quote 0 0
Richard
What diameter is the bottle neck (internal), you may struggle to find something thin that will fit, so you say you have tried the strip of LED's but not very bright?
or visit

Quote 0 0
cacherjoe
The mouth of the bottle is about an inch wide.  I have a string of LED lights in there now (you can see them in the picture), but I'd much rather have one single light fixture inside.  If I'm able to find that and it can be dropped inside the bottle, wire through the piping and wire up the plug on the other end that would be awesome.  I'm thinking I may have to settle for a string of lights unless I'm willing to cut the bottome of the bottle away.
Quote 0 0
martin
Hi
Im Martin and work with Richard. Here at Lampspares we have a G9 lampholder that might just work. It measures 21mm diameter but not sure if it would go into the beer bottle. The idea would be to take twin flex which would need to be round flex through the pipe out the tap and into the G9 lamp fitting. This would have a cord grip on the flex and then the whole lamp can be placed into the bottle. You would have to stay with a low wattage lamp to keep the heat down and bear bottles wont like a high temperature.
Let us know on the 21mm diameter please.
http://www.lampspares.co.uk/g9-snap-on-dome-for-porcelain-lampholder-028389-plu10483/
Martin
or visit
[lampspares%20logo%20copied%20from%20site_zpsvhdwbxia]
Quote 0 0
Ynysys
There're brilliant well done - great idea

Quote 0 0
Matt Preston
Looks great , personally to get around that problem I would fit a G9 holder inside the tap part and use an led bulb for low temperature . You'll need to modify the tap by removing the hose/nipple . You'll then need some kind of rubber seal inside the tap to push the neck of the bottle into and hold it in place
Quote 0 0