Alex

Hey, I have the double-switch from lamp spares, which I'm wiring to control two E27 lamps with LED bulbs.

How do I wire the double-switch? I've asked a few people and here are the plans I have thus far.

Are these correct? Looks like the switch is missing a chocolate block, if so?

Quote 0 0
David Parton
Yeah but don't bother with the chocolate block, if there's enough room in the terminals for two wires put you live in to one switch along with a link wire to go to the other switches common
Quote 0 0
martin
Hi Alex
Try wiring like this.
Its using a Brown link wire.
Twin-switch-wiring-s2y.jpg 
Follow and join us on facebook
or visit
[lampspares%20logo%20copied%20from%20site_zpsvhdwbxia]
Quote 0 0
Alex

Thanks guys! Wired it up last night, running the power cable internally and out of the back too, as shown below (required slight widening of the cable exit hole and a strip of black electrical tape at the front).

Such a simple but life-enhancing gadget.. I can control both light switches from my nearside of the bed, rather than constantly walking around to the other side, or rolling across both sides of the bed!

Aside from convenience, the build quality of the lamp holders from lampspares is substantially superior to the original Ikea units, especially with the screw-in cable retainers.

Cheers!

12038005_861680096880_6713012714538710985_n.jpg 

Quote 0 0
Richard
looks good, we all have that 1 gadget that makes our lives easier, i have a lutron RF light switch how lazy so i feel.

Glad you like the quality of our products, we do try and aim to get high quality and not cheap stuff that you see floating around.
Follow and join us on facebook
or visit
lampspares logo   lia logo

Proud to be members of the Lighting Industry Association.

Please note that any advice is given with the best intentions but cannot be confirmed that this may be all that is required for your project. All electrical work must be carried out by a competent person and all work should be fully tested before use.

Quote 0 0